Usage Policy for Authorized Users of Subscribed Electronic Resources of National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, Delhi
The National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, Delhi Library subscribes electronic databases of academic interest to support the academic activities of the University students, faculty and staff. These resources of electronic databases are purchased by the university either directly or through consortia. These are also governed by license and contract agreements. Each electronic resource database, whether purchased individually or through consortia, contains strict guidelines on the use of resources by authorized users.
- Authorized Users are individuals who are affiliated to the organization by way of employment or students/scholars of an institution.
- Individuals should use these resources for personal study or research purpose
- Modification of learning resources available on electronic databases is prohibited.
- Authorized users should not use the articles/documents of these electronic resources for commercial purpose. Wherever these articles/documents are used due credit of copyright should be given to the source.
- Downloading resources through automatic programs or speed boosters is strictly prohibited.
- Distributing these resources through photocopies, printouts for purposes other than academic interest or sharing one’s individual access details is strictly prohibited.
- Mounting or distributing any part of the licensed material on any electronic network, including the Internet and the World Wide Web, other than the Secure Network (a network which is only accessible to "authorized users" whose conduct shall be subjected to regulation by the licensee) is prohibited.
- Individual publishers have their discretion to terminate license for use of their resources on violation of any of the above instructions.
Application of Indian/International Laws
National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, Delhi does not permit the illegal downloading and/or sharing of copyrighted material in any form or manner. Electronic resources are copyrighted and are subject to all applicable copyright and protection rights under the laws of India and other countries. All uses including downloading, printing or creating copies of content from these resources must be consistent with existing fair use laws as defined by the copyright law of India or international law.
Policy on Denying Access
Violators of National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, Delhi electronic resource usage policy risk having their library access suspended and access to the resource(s) blocked. This is applicable to all users of this service.